Flt 565. Dec 24,2015

This was to be a non stop flight for my family

0700 Detroit to Atlanta...arrival time 0930 ATL

Spirit diverted the flight today and now my family is flying DTW to Orlando to ATL...arrival time 2pm in ATL

All plans are screwed up now.

I will never ever fly spirit again.

Will make it my mission to share this experience with everyone I know .

How can they divert a non stop flight.

Flt 565. Dec 24,2015

This was to be a non stop flight for my family

0700 Detroit to Atlanta...arrival time 0930 ATL

All plans are screwed up now.

I will never ever fly spirit again.

Will make it my mission to share this experience with everyone I know .

How can they divert a non stop flight?

This person wrote the review because of problem with delivery at Spirit Airlines. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $300 and wants Spirit Airlines to issue a full refund.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Spirit Airlines and spirit airlines flight for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

I take it you are new to flying?

They can divert the flight because you agreed to it when you bought the ticket. Paragraph 8.1 of the contract you agreed to states:

"Times shown in a timetable or elsewhere are not guaranteed and form no part of the terms of transportation.

Spirit may, without notice, substitute alternate carriers or aircraft, and may alter or omit stopping places shown on the reservation. Schedules are subject to change without notice. Spirit is not responsible or liable for making connections (on its own flights or flights of any other carrier), or for failing to operate any flight according to schedule, or for changing the schedule of any flight."

The smaller the airlines and the fewer planes it has, the greater the likelihood changes will be made. An additional stop was added probably because they needed more plane space to get people from Orlando to Atlanta.

Think positively how nice it is that all the people picked up in Orlando will spend Christmas with their family, instead of being stuck in the airport in Orlando.

That is real customer service by Spirit Airlines. Wouldn't you want them to do this for you?

How can you expect them to fly an unsafe route just to please you?