We read many reviews which were really negative but we tried to give Spirit a chance since we had already bought the tickets. We arrived at the Niagara Falls airport and read on the board that the flight was going to be one hour late.

When we finally did board the flight attendants were constantly on the intercom rushing the customers along during the boarding process. The plane was filthy, the seats were filthy, there was duct tape on the side, the seats had no cushion and were extremely uncomfortable. There was a loud sound of a labouring motor or actuator which caused concerned for the mechancial safety of the plane. No food, no drinks, not even a radio for music on a 3+ hours flight, no luggage, everything costs and everything was filthy.

Okay...we conceeded the reviews were right, not an airline to ever fly with again, a note of importance as we are frequent flyers. We arrive Monday morning in Fort Lauderdale for a 17 day vacation. Wednesday I was rushed to the hospital, three days later back into the hospital, four days later we were in a car driving 24 hours straight back to Canada where we live. Today is the return date of our fare and I just got back from the hospital here in Canada.

I called Spirit to explain that there was a medical emergency and to see what could be done with the three return tickets. My husbands, my fathers (85 years old) and my own. I was told by "Rose" fake name, in India that there was nothing that could be done. There is a cancellation fee of $125.00 per person and since Spirit has no refund, no transfer, no nothings the most we could get would be $68.38 credit toward future flights since we had paid top dollar!!!!

My husband was livid and he took the phone to talk to "Rose" who then said there was nothing that could be done but she would like to offer us a Spirit Mastercard!

My husband was gobsmacked and after many seconds of stunned silence asked her "Are you for real? My wife has spent the last 2+ weeks in and out of hospital, Spirit will not take any of this into account and you want to upsell me a Mastercard?

Thank you but no and we will be sure to try to educate the populace on the emphathy and policy of Spirit." Consider yourself duly warned....don't fly...there is no "Spirit" in this airline. The rating of 2 stars is simply because we arrived alive!

Product or Service Mentioned: Spirit Airlines Flight.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 06, 2012.

Comments