I have always been a cheerleader for this "cheap" airline. For short travel with no real luggage it is great. Flight attendants have always been nice, no real long delays, easy travel, not bad.

My real issue is their customer service outside of the actual travel. You have no option to speak with a representative that can "understand" or "comprehend" your situation. They follow their written script and when they don't understand they say sorry, sorry, sorry. They are have no authority to make decisions or really empathize with their customers and can offer no compensation for anything. There seems to be no option to go higher than an "outsourced" customer service supervisor, who cannot send emails to confirm policy, nor can give you the name, phone number or contact information for anyone who CAN help.

I am not one who usually criticizes the "outsourced" customer service, but I have never hit a wall like with this outfit.

When you call the corporate office for Spirit Airlines, unless you have the secret extension number, you are DISCONNECTED! I understand that they have "cost saving" ideals to keep our costs low, but REALLY?

I went from a happy traveler with Spirit, and a cheerleader for them, to be careful of this company who hides from its customers and makes it very hard to get resolutions and really offer customer service.

I guess I learned my lesson in the end, you get what you pay for. Not much!

Review about: Spirit Airlines Flight.

Comments