Dear pissed consumer my wife an i were booked on SPIRT airlines to return from FFL airport to ACY airport some time in November. upon our arrival in Ft. lauderdale we found out the flight we were booked on was over sold.(not surprised) We were going to fly out on time until one women was very upset because her family would not be on the flight back to Atlantic city they had booked. My wife and i were in no rush and decided to forfeit our seats and SPIRT would fly us out 3 hours later. The only catch was we would be flown to Philly pa. as opposed to AC and they shuttle us to AC. (via small plane so we though) not so it was a van ride that took approx an hour. We were not happy but what could we do.

Now we are ready to use our free round trip vouchers to any where SPIRT flies and we can't book when we want , we have to ask SPIRT when they would like us to fly. Oh and by the way vouchers expire on 4/8/11. To fly to Aruba we had to stay over night coming and going in FL extending the vacation by 2 days which we are not able to do because of work (and additional cost involved.) Move on to seconded option. A trip from AC to Fort Myers FL and back on 3/10/11 - 3/15/11 but surprise surprise there are no seats available. There are numerous seats on each flight but you can't use the vouchers. Why ? This is a frequent route for SPRIT but they choose not to accommodate a good customer after all we have flown them dozens of times before. I am sad to say they will no longer be a choice for my family and friends or anyone I speak with from this day forward.

Further more your customer service *** and I am sick of talking to non English speaking so called Americans that I can't understand for the life of me, that surly doesn't help matters.

Sincerely Craig Carell

Product or Service Mentioned: Spirit Airlines Flight.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 12, 2011.

Comments

This just happen to me and my family of four. We gave up our seats, got vouchers and can't fly when we want.

In fact I was booking my flight a year in advance and the lady on the phone told me that there were no seats available in my class.

I have no idea what that means. I suggest that we all report Spirit to the Better Business Bureau for deceitful practices.

VOUCHERS FOR GIVING UP SEATS ARE UNUSABLE

Dont ever give up your seats for vouchers for "Free Flights"is a lie. I have been trying to use mine for months and they tell me the destinations i want are full, but thats a lie because there are seats available. A moment ago a customer sevice representative told me that there are destinations blocked for vouchers. Be aware i have the oversales denied boarding regulations with the voucher and it specifys: "the carrier must disclose all material restrictions on the use of the free or discounted transportation before the customer descides to acccep..." Also if Spirit cant provide alternate transportation in less than 4hrs the compensation is $800 and they have to give it in Cash or Check if you don't accept.

So if you decide to use Spirit despite all of this comments, if the oversale, don't accept a voucher ask for you $400 or $800 cash.

And start flying with other airlines. I calculated and the prices ar sky high when you add the cost of the bags. Its better to pay 10 or 20 more and be more confortable and flight with an airline that responds.

billybrown2007@gmail.com