I was given credit on a flight that I had cancelled, and I had to use it within 60 days. So right before the 60 days was up, I used the credit to book another flight so I wouldn't lose it.

Since the booking process required a credit card, I put in my credit card details as well. Less than 24 hours after, I cancelled the flight by phone and I was assured that I would get the money back after about 10 days. I even asked for an email to confirm this, which I got the next day. When I checked my account after 10 days, which was after the 60-day limit, I discovered that my credit card had been charged, and my credit was unused.

When I tried to book another flight with my credit, it would tell me to call customer service. I tried calling them several times over many months, but it would take 30 minutes and I still couldn't get through, so I decided not to waste any more time on it. I emailed them instead, and I was told that it was "policy" not to give a refund/ credit (even though it was caused by a glitch on their end), and that it would be unfair to others if they were to make an "exception" for me (an exception to actually fix their mistake? really?).

I just read now a news article on the Spirit Air CEO himself saying it was their policy not to give refunds on airline tickets, not even $197 to a marine veteran who was terminally ill with cancer and coud no longer fly. Saying the sam reason: that is was "unfair to their other customers to do so.

So what do you do when the culture of "customers don't matter" emanates from the top? Just use another airline and hope their greed for profits brings them down sooner than later.

Review about: Spirit Airlines Flight Booking.

Comments

Tampa, Florida, United States #993519

They truly suck..just lost 850.00 for a trip we can't make. Expedia can book trips and use them to get you there but can't help you get a refund...BUY THE *** INSURANCE. .I SCREWD UP AND DIDNT.