I was aware of Spirit's poor reviews which seem to concentrate on hidden charges and bus-like conditions. Face it, air travel today is nothing more than inter-city bus travel in the air.

No glamour, minimal service in a marginally clean environment. The only reason my wife and I booked with Spirit is that they are the only airline offering 95 minute non-stop flights from Philly to Myrtle Beach. All other airlines have connecting flights with 4-5 hour travel times.The low fare was a bonus. We arrived at 5:00am for our 7:30am departure to find out that the flight was cancelled without explanation and with no assistance.

We later found out that Spirit will arbitrarily and without warning cancel flights when they don't have enough seats sold. We and the other 100+ passengers needed to scramble to find seats with other airlines which were mostly sold out. Our plan which began with getting up at 2:30am to get to the airport 2 hours before departure time to arrive in Myrtle Beach by 10:00am so we could enjoy a day on the beach before spending 3 days in a business conference and flying home with time to spare before reopening our practice was flushed down the toilet by the poorest excuse for a publicly traded company I have ever experienced. Many reviewers have tried to find appropriate analogies comparing Spirit to bargain or discount stores, however these analogies fall short.

When you pay for an item in a discount store, you leave with that item and rarely, if ever, will a discount store purchase have long range ramifications upon your life or business. Spirit Airlines is much more like Stratton Oakmont, a brokerage firm dramatized in the film "The Wolf of Wall Street". Spirit Airlines is nothing more than a machine to make a few stockholders wealthy while they pump-and-dump cheap service which they may or may not provide to an unsuspecting public.

Commercial airlines have changed dramatically in the last 60 years and the players today bear little resemblance to the once great companies that dominated the sky. Spirit Airlines has managed to lower the already disgustingly low bar which most airlines struggle to clear to a level so low that I must question if the CEO is an executive or a clog in a sewer line.

Product or Service Mentioned: Spirit Airlines Flight.

I didn't like: No customer service, Computer systerm error, Unprofessional.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 03, 2015.

Comments