Level of Comfort

This was my first experience with Spirit airlines, and it will most definitely be my last. This is the WORST airline I have ever dealt with as far as customer service.

Extremely disorganized, hard to speak to a representative/supervisor, and when you do, they basically do not care about any of your issues. I booked a flight for my family and I to go to Panama to see the rest of our family about a month ago. Everything was fine, I was warned before hand that spirit flights were terrible and uncomfortable but they are also the most economical so I said ah who cares I will deal with it. Upon arriving to Panama, once we reached customs, they let us know that my husband cannot enter the country.

I thought it was a joke at first, but then he continued to explain to us that although in the USA his passport is up to date (expires in June 2015), in Panama it was considered expired within those last 3 months before it actually expired in the USA. They also explained to us that the airline knows this and they shouldn't have let him board the plane and leave the United States, therefore they would be fining the airline (they sounded as if this happens with them very often). They said they do this to sell seats and usually don't care if you waste your time and money. My husband had to get right back on the same airplane and return to Miami.

Once I got back, I tried to resolve this issue and at least get a refund or a credit for his flight (since it was a total waste of money) and nothing. They threw back some of the fine print from the agreement that no one ever fully reads and basically said that we are the ones responsible.

I just don't understand how an airline company allows you to depart a country, and fly to another, knowing the laws, and knowing that you are going to be sent right back? Very frustrating and as I said, I will never fly with this airline again!!!

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any) as the author lost $600. This person is overall dissatisfied with Spirit Airlines. The most disappointing about spirit airlines flight at Spirit Airlines was horrible customer service and refuse to refund Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Spirit Airlines.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Transport category for more informed decision or compare Spirit Airlines to other companies on our site.

Comments