Just got home from the worst trip of my life thanks to the way we were treated and stranded by Spirit Airlines. I am sixty years old and have traveled around the world quite a bit.

Have been a Spirit Airlines customer many times. April 19th we flew Spirit from Ft. Lauderdale to San Jose Costa Rica. Return flight was scheduled for Friday the 25th.

Got to the airport and was told the flight was cancelled due to volcanic ash. No other flights appeared to be cancelled just this one. After waiting in line for an hour we were told our choices were a refund or get re-booked on a flight leaving May 2nd. That's right.

May 2nd. Eight days later. The supervisor was very rude and unhelpful. Just wanted to get rid of us.

We scrambled around and found a flight the next day on United and paid $477 for a one way flight to Ft. Lauderdale through Houston. Landed in Ft. Lauderdale Saturday night at midnight.

We had an extra day of rental car and hotel. I am out over $500 thanks to this airline and the way they treat your customers.

I am a real estate salesman and had an appointment on Saturday that I missed. Probably have lost a sale because of it.

I answered their survey and got a response of sorry there is nothing we can do.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of spirit airlines flight and associated monetary loss in the amount of $500. Spirit Airlines needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned spirit airlines flight in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Spirit Airlines.

Comments

um they were trying to help you by offering to refund you or book you another flight. how the *** is that rude & unhelpful?

you do realize that many airlines have very specific times that they have flights for and can't just on a whim whip up a new one just because another is delayed/canceled due to unforeseen circumstances right?

why would you not have just gotten the refund they offered you in the first place and used that $$$ to buy the ticket you say you found for the next day?

GOD , when will people get off their high horses and take responsibility for themselves and their actions. or in this case the person's INABILITY to see they were being helped and is just whining for the sake of whining.

to Anonymous Orange, California, United States #984552

Many people on this site including the person making this post act like three year old children and mistake being told no as "rude" This person is selfish. He would out everyone else's lives in danger just so he can make his sales as a real estate agent.

Getting one sale is more important to him than the lives of hundreds of others. He is sick in the head.