Worst ever! If this site permitted zero stars, that's what they would receive.

David K

Nov 08 03:02 pm (EST)

E-mail to Spirit when calls to supervisors fell on deaf ears, I wrote the following:

After losing her job, my wife was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. Now undergoing chemotherapy, she was hospitalized yesterday with sever complications such as a zero white blood count, and fluid in the knee, perhaps cellulitis. In September, I booked a trip to Florida with my oldest son to attend my mother’s 80th birthday celebration. With my wife in the hospital and a younger boy at home, I simply cannot go. Should I have purchased the insurance? Yes. I didn’t. Emotionally and mentally, I have not been myself. I am not asking for a refund. Simply a voucher towards the purchase of other tickets in the future. When I attempted to do so, your agents heartlessly repeated the company line, “no medical exemption.” Fine. But I’m not asking for a refund, just a voucher. So now, no one was willing to waive the cancellation fee. I frankly cannot understand it. Can’t I get just a little empathy? Obviously, I will provide whatever documentation verifying these events

Please, waive the cancellation fee. It’s the right way to do business.

RESPONSE:

On Nov 11, 2013 10:18 AM, "Spirit Airlines Support Agent Mark L" wrote:

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Spirit Air

Spirit Airlines Support Agent Mark L. (Spirit Airlines Support)

Nov 11 10:18 am (EST)

Dear Mr. K,

Thank you for contacting Spirit Airlines.

We’re sorry to hear that your wife is not well and hope she makes a full recovery. We know that unforeseen situations arise such as your case. Regretfully, we are unable to waive fees or amend our policies based on illness; even with a doctor's or hospital's note.

Please feel free to contact me with any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Mark L

Spirit Airlines Support

MY REPLY:

Let's be clear about three things.

1. You're not "unable", you're making a conscious and calculated decision not to. That is a choice, not a lack of ability.

2. This is precisely why your company has one of the worst customer service records.

3. I presume neither you nor any executive, including your CEO, would be the least bit bothered if an investigative television reporter learned of these circumstances, and your choice to refuse to accommodate the most modest and reasonable of requests. I suppose we'll find out.

David K.

Comments

MikeBrady
Chantilly, Virginia, United States #741286

No you won't find out. This isn't news and no news outlet would be the least bit interested.

You KNOW your wife is ill (and I am sorry for that - I don't know how I would handle such a situation). However, can you imagine how many people would make stuff up like that just to skirt the rules? A lot. A whole lot.

Can you also imagine what it would cost the airline to investigate and verify every claim of special circumstances? How many people they would have to employ? And who do you think will pay for that?

The consumer! Unfortunately, in this day of dishonesty and mercenary behavior, they have to protect themselves and not just give in to anybody who asks.

to MikeBrady Detroit, Michigan, United States #1039338

In= hope Spirit goes Bankrupt and out of business. Who needs their poor customer service and dirty, smelly airplanes.

Your comments Mr. Brady are as if you work for them.

Stupidity at best. You must fly this joke of an airline all the time.