I booked a flight for July 17 this year only to fine out that the date was changed to June 17 of this year by Spirit. I was checking on the amount of bags purchased on our reservation per my wife's request when I notice that 0 bags had been purchased (July 3 clearly after June 17).

I contacted spirit customer service (which is horrible by the way) and was informed that we were considered a no show and the ticket value was voided. I informed the several agents that I spoke to regarding the situation that I never received confirmation and that I should be given a credit toward the purchase of another ticket. ($2000). I was informed that it's company policy and there is nothing they could do.

I informed them that they can write policy until their blue in the face. You can't take someone's money for a service and fail to provide the service under the law that's considered Larceny. I was instructed to contact the corporate office and file a complaint which I did. I haven't heard anything as of yet.

I plan on continuing this fight. I'm not about to give this airline 2000 dollars for nothing. I explained to each person I spoke to that this was an error on there part.

"Who buys tickets and just fails to show up without a call cancellation or date change?" "Who does that?" Stay away from this airline. Never again.

This person wrote the review because of order processing issue of spirit airlines ticket from Spirit Airlines. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Spirit Airlines to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Spirit Airlines for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

"Who buys tickets and just fails to show up without a call cancellation or date change?" "Who does that?" - Many people, It happens every day. Airline often oversell due to no-shows.

Maybe in your world people don't do it. Perhaps whenever the tickets were purchased you didn't carefully examine the date.

I certainly would have done so. Call it whatever you want, but it was an error completely on YOUR part.