On April 23. 2013 I purchased three travel tickets for travel from Phoenix (Mesa), AZ to Houston, TX. In preparation of my travels, I attempted to pre-purchase my bags online. In the failed attempt, I contacted your customer service department. This is when I ultimately discovered that my flight had been cancelled (yes that is correct, 4 days from the actual departure).

First of all, I was routed to a Spanish speaking representative (Miles), luckily she spoke English, albeit with a heavy accent. Unable to assist me with my needs I was transferred to a supervisor (Anthony). He stated according to his "corporate" guidelines, he is only able to offer me a refund or perhaps change my travels to Dallas, TX (which is a three and one half mile drive to my original destination). He was not able to assist me with the any car rental subsidy (since I would incur additional costs) nor was he able to assist me with any checked bag fees. Again I was left speechless.

Not only does this show a lack of customer service from this corporation, but it also shows a lack of complete compassion or care for the customers. In addition to this delay, I am not left with the expense of a rental car ($400) plus the cost of gas, plus I must now cut the visit with my family short.

How is it that they can collect my money at the time of purchase, and sit on it for five months collecting interest, but only offer me a refund of those monies! I am appalled at their business practices. No future travel vouchers offered to relieve some of the undue stress this airline has caused.

Meanwhile, the corporate officers make decisions that greatly impact the lives of the general public. Their CUSTOMERS! Have they not taken notice of how many complaints have been filed against them? Or is it that they choose to believe ignorance is bliss.

Review about: Spirit Airlines Flight.

Comments