I traveled on the 22nd of November to San Diego from O'Hare airport.

When i checked in, there were no issues, it went smooth - i asked if my duffel bag was ok and it was. My 3 children (ages 10, 7 and 4) all had a carry on bag which i understood were fine as she did not question them. I then proceeded to the security line. After 10 - 15 minutes in the line i was asked to have one of the carry on's measured. I thought this was strange.

So I had it checked and it was over. Then they asked me to check another - this was also too big. At this point, i was frustrated The lady at the check in looked amused - and she really started to urk me. After i had done all of the repacking she THEN asked me to check the smaller on and smugly told me its too big - that one is $50 too.

So out comes "the manager" He proceeded to talk very threateningly to me..After some arguing, i was thrown back when he told me i was a "*** ***".

I started to yell at this point with approx 80 people witnessing i yelled "Call me a *** *** again" and he did - at least 5 times.

My behavior was as expected - travelling with 3 small children, is already tough let alone being pushed around like that - but to be called a *** *** by a MANAGER - is unnaceptable. My 7 year old began to cry desperately as he continued to threaten and i retaliated. He told me to get the F out of here that i wasnt flying today, and that if i couldnt afford the $150 excess baggage fee it wasnt his fault.

I hope at this point you are as shocked, discusted and floored as i was.

His name was "Phil" this was an incident at approximately 8am.

Comments

#581950

sPIRIT IS A GARBAGE AIRLINE TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS. THEY ARE THIEVES AND EVEN CHARGE FOR WATER/ FLY ANY ONE BUT THEM!!!!!!!!!