When traveling with Spirit Airlines I experienced one of the worst experiences of my life. For my 30th birthday I planned a trip to Las Vegas to celebrate.

Well this was my 1st time flying & boy did I make a big mistake by choosing Spirit Airlines. On Thursday June 19, 2014 I was scheduled to fly from Myrtle Beach, SC to Chicago, IL then from Chicago to Las Vegas, NV. The staff at the very 1st airport was very rude & did not return to me the boarding passes needed to get from one airport to the next. Once I arrived at the 2nd airport my trip pretty much consisted of standing in very long lines, checking my luggage in & out and going through security several times.

My flight was 1st delayed for 3 hours, after waiting around for 3 hours they then decided to cancel the flight. Even though there was a flight out to Las Vegas for the next morning, I was told that I would not be able to be rebooked until the next following day at 3:40pm & arrive in Vegas at 11:46pm Saturday June 21, 2014. I explained that that wasn't good enough considering that I was scheduled to return back on Sunday June 22, 2014 at 10:35pm which would have given me less then 24 hours to spend time in Vegas. I was offered a refund if I didn't want to chose that option but the refund would not have been rapid & I would have still had to pay for a flight to get back home, which another flight to get back home was not available until Sunday June 22, 2014.

Therefore either way I was stuck. I did apply for a stand by ticket twice but each time they were useless because neither time was I able to board the plain. I could continue to go on about how rude their representers are & how unsatisfying my experience was, but to make a long story short Spirit Airlines REALLY DOES SUCK! Each and every flight was delayed.

I was stuck at the airport from Thursday to Saturday with absolutely no sort of accommodations. I lost money on hotel fees & events that I had booked in Las Vegas & not to mention my 30th birthday was totally ruined!

I called the 800 number & filed a complaint on their website but they did nothing to help compensate for anything. Spirit Airlines has poor scheduling & poor customer service & I will NEVER fly with them again!

Review about: Spirit Airlines Flight.

Comments