I had an 8:58 flight to Ft Myers from Detroit. I arrived at the airport at 7:20. Had prepaid for my bag and already printed my boarding pass, but still had to wait in the full line to check my bag. The line stretched down past about three other airlines check in stations.

When we got closer, they split out Ft Myers and Orlando - Orlando was leaving 9 minutes later, but they got the "go directly to the counter", line while Ft Myers got the longer, "rope maze" line.

They had at least 5 check-in stations, but only 2 people working most of the time. Either the workers or the PCs are very slow... 3-5 minutes per person just to print out a sticker for the bag.

As we got even closer, we found they were letting people walk up from the side and check in ahead of everyone!

Finally got up there, checked in, gave them my bag, ran down to the gate.... just in time to see the plane pull away.

When we got back to check-in to rebook, the agent had the audacity to ask the person in front of me (who was in the same boat I was in) why she had missed her flight.

From what I've heard, Spirit is like this every day. The last time I flew with them, they had only one person working (but 2 working the booth to sell credit cards) and let anyone who had paid for a seat (they charge if you want to pre-select your seat, even middle seats) cut ahead.

Wasted over 150 miles of driving and gas going back and forth to the airport.

Never again will I fly Spirit. Delta is a much better choice, even if they end up costing more... almost never a line (check in at a kiosk, walk up with your bag, takes them about 30 seconds). Plus they give you a soda or juice, pretzels or peanuts, and water on the flight. I know that costs them all of $1, but I appreciate the little things at this point. Spirit makes you pay for water.

Oh, good news for those with Spirit credit cards though - apparently they get to skip to the front of the line for check-in.

Review about: Spirit Airlines Flight.

Comments

:cry , WTF?!!! atrocious, horrendous, frightful service ever.

Chicago to Ft. Laud, flight delayed 4 hours, no communication what so ever of the reason for delay, half the plane loaded then unloaded, later to find out that some federal stickers were missing and had to be replaced, some customers notice more then 15 stickers missing when unloading, so this could not have happened in one flight like they said. Nothing done to comfort us, not even a *** smile and a kind word. Got on the plane and I've never seen such a dirty disgusting and repulsive looking cabin ever.

The *** engine sounded like it was going to fall off. The pilot flew the plane like he stole the *** thing. On the way back I get to my gate at 2:40pm the boarding pass said 3:15...3:28 nothing, I got up went to restroom then to charge my phone, got to the gate at 3:55pm the gate was close not gate rep and I look through the window and the plane is already moving, I talked to the rep who came out after the plane left and said whats going on and she said that I've missed the plane and that they hat a 10min prior to schedule departure time rule????? I asked her to show me where on the boarding pass such VITAL again VITAL information were and she could not find it, then I asked for supervisor he said "oh, its on the website" REALLY?!!!!!!!!!

my company booked my plane, how is a traveler suppose to know all that, it is an IMPORTANT again IMPORTANT!!!!!!! information to know. I would not have missed my plane if I HAD KNOWN. PLUS to add to all of this I did not hear any final boarding announcement, where all the other airline Carriers, Do not close their gates before scheduled departure, plus they announce final boarding twice, then they call the passengers name twice.

I asked for the highest authorized manager at FT. Laud and she said the same thing, after debating her for 30min, she agreed to refund me the money one way only. I booked a flight with air trans and WOW,WOW,WOW what a night and day diff. I've waited on purpose till the last to board with air tran to see how they handle the process and they announced twice for final departure, then they called my name twice AGAIN totaling at 4 before closing the gate and they actually closed the gate 5 minutes after the schedule departure.

Plus free drinks and snacks...the savings I'm sure people try to get is NOT WORTH IT.

EVEN if it would cost $100 dollars more, IT's worth paying that because you can bring a personal plus a carry on for FREE. so there you go.

NEVER AGAIN I WOULD FLY SPIRIT AIR AND I WOULD WARN PEOPLE AS A CIVIC DUTY TO STAY AWAY FROM SPIRIT AND I HOPE THAT THE FAA WOULD GET INVOLVED IN THIS TYPE OF BUSINESS PRACTICE.