I'm writing this letter, not with the expectation of any kind of monetary return, but for the sole purpose of expressing my dissatisfaction with the service this airline company has provided in my situation. I have never flown with Spirit Airlines, so I was a little reluctant to book through this company. I booked a round-trip flight with this airline for my honeymoon to Jamaica. I selected a specific flight that would get me to Jamaica before noon, which would optimize my time in Jamaica. I paid for the flight and obtained my confirmation. It wasn't until 2 months later when I was calling to pay for checking one baggage and adding a carry-on that I discovered that they had cancelled that flight, and I wouldn't be arriving until several hours later.

I think it is very deceptive to offer a flight for a specific time, which can be a major deciding factor for someone when choosing a flight and planning major events, and later on, it is cancelled without any notification of such event. My second complaint is with the online website. I tried to book my carry-on and checked baggage online due to the fees being lower. After clicking next on the webpage to make the payment, it would return to the screen as if nothing happened. I had to do the entire process three times. It finally went through, but there was no confirmation screen saying that it went through or a receipt of such payment.

I booked my airline with Spirit and hotel through a travel agent. In addition to the above complaint, the website is having issues with saving information. I attempted to update my personal information multiple times, so my correct address, phone, and email address would be current; however, every time I clicked "save" it would refresh the screen and not save any of the information.

This was a very frustrating and disappointing process and experience with this airline. For being such a big airline, there is serious work that needs to be done through ensuring that flight information is kept current, and if not, notification is made to the purchaser and functionality of the website. It only makes sense to provide a full refund to a client if a flight originally agreed upon and purchased becomes unavailable/cancelled.

I understand policies are policies, but sometimes common sense needs to come into the picture. I for one, will not fly again with this carrier/airline.

Review about: Spirit Airlines Flight.

Comments