I telephoned Spirit Airlines when I noted that they failed to credit me for the miles I accumulated for a recent flight to Detroit. The representative (in India) with whom I spoke was unsympathetic and defensive when I inquired as to why the miles did not appear on my account.

He impatiently stated that I did not request the credit early enough, and that they would, therefore, not credit me the miles flown. This flight was taken about 5 weeks ago (not 5 years ago)! Spirit Airlines knows very well that I flew on this flight; they have the confirmation number.

Interesting,and slick maneuver on their part, but horrific public relations. For the 1250 miles they saved by denying the credit to my frequent flyer account, they lost a customer!

Review about: Spirit Airlines Flight.

Comments

Arie

Uhm you get what you pay for dumbo.

Spirit is a cheap as *** airline so you got cheap as *** service.

You can't buy a mansion if you have trailor park money. :x

Yes, the whole Spirit Mastercard free flight come on is a SCAM. I finally decided to get a card and with all the other flight I've taken I just tried to redeem 27,500 miles to visit my daughter in Florida.

Traveling Oct 30 to Nov 8th from LAS to FLL. Not only will it cost me a $75 fee to redeem, plus baggage and seats, etc but it will somehow cost 35,000 miles for this one trip! That three free flights promise is just a line. It is a rip off.

You are better off avoiding Spirit Airlines. And yes the representative I spoke to was clearly from India.

patience, is the word here... Spirit is somewhat slow in crediting bonus mile to the Free Spirit account.

I would wait at least 60 days before assuming there is a problem. The miles will show up, but the system takes a while to catch up.