Additional Fees
Level of Comfort
Number of Destinations
Quality of Food

Update by user Feb 19, 2017

Today I received what I thought was something From Spirit's customer service, there was a name Dedrie. However I received several more all at the same time so it was only an auto generated form letter.

Original review posted by user Feb 18, 2017

Spirit Airlines left me stranded in Colombia. My Avianca flight from Cali to Medellin was delayed first in Cali and then Bogota, Colombia so I was late for my flight home to Florida.

At the ticket counter I expected that they would give me another flight like any other airline would, they did not, I was told that the ticket would not be honored as I was late for the flight. I told them that I had purchased the insurance with the ticket, which didn't matter, they flat out refused to honor the ticket. I used this airline several times and always purchased their so called flight insurance just in case something like this ever happened and it did..So that was more wasted money. Their so called low costs fares are BS also; they charge you $55 dollars each each for small carry-on bags that are free on other airlines, they charge you for drinks including soft drinks and if you want their snack you pay for that too which are also free on other airlines.

So before you buy a ticket from Spirit add at least $150 to the price of that ticket first.

You will then find that you have a choice of several airlines that will not nickel and dime you, and will not leave you stranded in a foreign country. Do yourself a favor and "DON'T USE THIS AIRLINE !!!"

Product or Service Mentioned: Spirit Airlines Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 18, 2017.

Comments

Yeah its always a good idea when flying two different airlines to allow hours if not a full day in between to allow for any possible delays.You missed the flight with spirt and it was not spirits fault.

NOT RESOLVED

Atlanta, Georgia, United States #1291524

Blame yourself--you left yourself stranded in Columbia. You do know that Spirit Airlines and Avianca Airlines are two different companies.

When you buy tickets on two separate airlines, the airline's only responsibility is to fly their portion of the trip. Avianca was late. Why didn't you complain to them--Probably because they had no responsibility other than to get you to Bogata at some point. That you missed your Spirit flight is not Avianca's responsibility.

Likewise, Spirit has no responsibility other than to fly you from Bogato at the time listed for your flight. If you miss it, that is your fault and your problem.

The solution is to buy your flights on "one" ticket, so that the airlines has a responsibility to get you from beginning to end. Or buy a "refundable" ticket for the second half, so it you miss it, you can get your money back.

to Anonymous Homosassa, Florida, United States #1322941

you would be correct except that I spoke with a rep from Spirit in Bogota and was told that there would be no problem. This happens all the time, and that they would get me on the next available flight, Stated By A Spirit Rep who entered all of my info into her computer.