I am trying to change the name for an existing reservation but was told that I can't because its a) more than 24hrs after the reservation was made and b) that I can't even get my money back if I cancel the reservation. After speaking with three representatives, I still got the same answer (unable to change the name on reservation).

Spirit Airlines is the Greyhound of the airways because they offer cheap, ***, basic services and gives the customer the run around. I kept calling and was finally granted a courtesy refund.

However, having worked in customer service for almost ten years, I realize that I got the refund after I kept calling their customer service center. Word to the wise: DONT FLY SPIRIT AIRLINES

Review about: Spirit Airlines Flight Booking.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

You should have had to pay.It says all funds are non refundable and non transferable(at least without a change fee)you agreed to those conditions.

So you make a mistake on the passenger name on a ticket, get a courtesy refund, and still complain. What a sense of entitlement and self-centered concern.

You should be grateful. The solution is don't make the mistake.

The reason for this rule is to prevent people from buying up tickets at cheap prices for the purpose of later reselling them to others. Assume passenger names could be changed. In May, tickets from Chicago to New York for Thanksgiving are $200.

A person buys 20 of these tickets. As Thanksgiving approaches, tickets are now $500.00. The person now advertises the Chicago to New York tickets, previously purchased, for $400, and sells them. The person has made $4,000 in profit, but 20 people who could have bought cheap tickets back in May were denied the opportunity to do so, because of this seller.

This is one person, but imagine if every cheap ticket on the plane was bought in May with the knowledge the passenger's name could be changed and the ticket later sold at a profit.

It is only by the airlines denying the right to change the passenger's name, that this scheme is thwarted. So don't complain when you make a mistake on the passenger's name, and be thankful that there were still cheap tickets to buy, thanks to this rule.