3.3
Level of Comfort
Number of Destinations

Spirit Airline has a confusing text for purchase baggage since Aug/2014. My family has spent 140$ unnecessarily.

I called Spirit yesterday and sent emails. They responded I must be responsible for my decision to buy baggage. Spirit refused to refund baggage for a trip in 2 weeks for now (60$). I called AMEX for a charge-back but Customer Services told me Spirit instructed any charge-back will not be executed for this matter.

My trip is oct/18. The text in Spirit web site that explains purchase baggage is not refundable is in other part of the site and not clear specified.Why Spirit is doing this kind of trick to get money from innocent clients.

I feel aggravated and frustrated. This has to be stopped.

Product or Service Mentioned: Spirit Airlines Baggage Policy.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Spirit must change the policy and make it visible in the web site and I also want a refund because I am not going to check in baggage in my next and last travel with Spirit. I can not cancel the trip because the fee is 95% of the price of the ticket..

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 01, 2014.

Comments

It clearly states on the spirit website what the fees are for bags and CLEARLY states they are non refundable. Can you not read English? Search spirit Arline baggage policy and if you take two minutes to actually inform yourself, you wouldn't have to be wasting everybody's time asking for a refund when it is clearly stated you won't get one.