First of all lets just say that yes Spirit has very cheap flights... until you need to bring any carry on bigger than a briefcase or if you need a seat (yes it costs extra!!!) The flight was advertised at around $68 and came to about $132 per person with carry-on, seats and "governmental taxes".

In addition, due to a mistake on my behalf I entered the wrong type of luggage. I called the customer service immediately and they were able to refund us for the luggage (after waiting 25 min and being passed to 3 different people). However they were not able to change the luggage to carry on which we have to pay for as well.

Our only options was to order through the customer service for $50 (!!!) per carry-on, change our order for $40 per carry-on through the website (the original was $30) or cancel the flight and reorder the whole thing for much more money. In the end we took the $40 for each bags so our flight cost as much as it would through another company.

They make it very difficult on purpose and continuously try to push terrible deals on you throughout the whole order.

Do yourself a favor and don't pick them even if they seem cheap.

Product or Service Mentioned: Spirit Airlines Baggage Policy.

Reason of review: Terrible everything.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Refund options, Website, Prices, Surprise costs.

• Misleading Price
Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 03, 2015.

Comments