I was drawn by the low prices for a trip from Oakland to Chicago. After I booked it, the carry on and checked bag fees, "seat prices" and "airport charge" took the cost way beyond the normal fares.

I was never able to reach a person in customer service by phone but got a snotty denial of my request for a refund by email after a week.

How does a business model that involves angering every customer work? I think this business needs to be closed.

This reviewer shared experience about pricing issue and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Spirit Airlines. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Spirit Airlines.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Transport category for more informed decision or compare Spirit Airlines to other companies on our site.

Comments

This is the customer's fault for not reading the terms of the ticket they were buying, before doing so. It is hard to blame a company for the customer's failure to do due diligence.

This is something the customer knew, since one is required to check that they have read the terms of the ticket before they can buy. To claim otherwise means the customer lied when they bought the ticket.

Make sure you book on www.spirit.com third party sites don't tell you about the extras.