Me and my 2 girls were in Chicago waiting for our 9:00 flight to oregon we had just got off a flight from boston.they kept us their all night blaming the weather when we overheard the attendants saying they had

no pilot. It was announced at 6am they would have to book all of us on other flights as long as it was their airline so the flight they booked us on was 2days later im a single mom I had enough money for us to have 1 meal they offered us no free meal vouchers and no hotel discount ..I will NEVER FLY SPIRIT again and I make sure no one I know does. .I thank the CHICAGO AIRPORT who gave us each a gift card for a free meal and giving us a voucher for almost 1/2 off a hotel room for both nights...Tony who works for the airport became a hero to me and my girls that day...

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Spirit Airlines. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Spirit Airlines to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Spirit Airlines and spirit airlines flight for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Miami, Florida, United States #966820

Weather affects not only take offs and landings, but the arrival of plane and crew for the flight. If the pilot is hung up somewhere else because of the weather, that is a weather delay.

Airlines do not have excess pilots hanging around, as well as the fact that a pilot may be able to fly only 1 or 2 types of planes, so pilots are not interchangeable.

The problem with Spirit Airlines is that they have no relationships or interline agreements with other airlines. The result is that when flights are cancelled or delayed, they cannot fly passengers on other airlines.

Passengers have to wait until there is a seat on a Spirit flight. If you had flown on Delta, they could have tried to get you a seat on a United Airlines flight for onstance.