Additional Fees
Level of Comfort
Number of Destinations
Quality of Food

I had round trip air booked for my family of four. We were unable to get to the airport on the day of our flight...due to a hurricane in the Bahamas and the closing of Port Canaveral.

The ship was able to connect me to Spirit air to change our itinerary. According to their website it's a $100 charge per ticket to change. That would be $400. I was charged $892.

I've tried to dispute $492 of it, because I understood the websites listing. Spirit told my credit card company that we ADDED a flight and cancelled our other one. Adding the difference of the two flights to the $400 change fee. My original ROUND TRIP cost $641.

That was paid in full well before travel dates. The change of flight for ONE WAY...was an additional $892. Criminal. Absolutely criminal.

Especially when other airlines were changing flights for their customers affected by the hurricane FREE OF CHARGE. I'll never fly or recommend Spirit Air.

Product or Service Mentioned: Spirit Airlines Flight.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

San Leandro, California, United States #1262907

Not saying your situation doesnt merit further consederation from the airline.But it seems the chargers are correct.its a non refundable ticket so to change the ticket it is $100 plus the difference in air fare.And because the original tickets were purchased, i assume well in advance and the change was for a day or two before the flight.Flights are always more expensive the closer it gets .seats are probaly limited.It sucks but im sure they offer some kind of travel insurance.or next time you can pay for refundable tickets with little or no restrictions.

Media, Pennsylvania, United States #1257174