I offered to change my date of departure because the airline overbooked the flight I reserved and the Sprit representatives were offering people in the check in line a voucher for a flight to anywhere in the US in exchange for changing their date of departure.. Me and my girlfriend accepted this while in the line for check in at the airport… So we delayed our flight one day as well as paid for a taxi both ways totaling over $100 not to mention the 3 hours in extra travel time we took to return to the airport the next day.

It was a major inconvenience and only because we were offered a free round trip anywhere in the USA did we accept this offer.

Today I went to call and try to make a reservation and they said it was only valid for 60 days and they could not book the flight I was attempting to book…

At no time during the time they were giving me and my girlfriend our vouchers did they say there was any expiration date or date the flight would need to be redeemed by…in fact there was no stipulations at all that were relayed to us…

I spoke to a manager on the phone today and he told me that there was a Voucher policy flyer that was handed out to anyone receiving a voucher stating the stipulations..

My girlfriend nor I received this. What we did receive was our own receipt back with our Voucher numbers on it as well as the phone number to call to redeem and book our flights from our voucher…The employees that set up our voucher at the airline gave us these. We were never told of an expiration date or given anything that would let us know this… We were told to simply call the number and give them the voucher number and we would be all set….

I even asked if this is all I will need referring to what I was given and she said all I needed to do was call up and tell them our name and the credit is in their system.

Today I called the number to book a flight and was told there was no way to redeem these vouchers due to the expiration policy I was not told of…

I understand employees at times can and will make mistakes…. At the same time I feel that if there was a mistake like this made by not informing us of an expiration date that the company should find a way to honor that which was offered at the very least..

In the end it cost us MORE than our original flight booked as well as wasted a day on our vacation. Spirit made ZERO effort to help us in return for our willingness to accommodate them.

Review about: Spirit Airlines Flight.

Comments