I made a major mistake flying Spirt Air. I flew from Chicago to Montego Bay via Ft Lauderdale.

They charged $25 PER BAG. That was bad enough, but upon arrival in Montego Bay one of my bags was missing. When I complained at the luggage claim dest I was told "it is not a big deal. this happens all of the time".

I told them that I had medication in my bag and they could not have cared less. I was issued a $25 voucher and sent on my way. After a sleepless night (no meds) I was informed they found the bag in Ft. Lauderdale.

They refused to put it on the next flight to Montego Bay. I said they could put the $25 I paid them to another airline to get my bag to me asap. All I had in my carry-on was a swim suit, t-shirt, and sandals. My bag did not arrive until 7:30 PM!

So the first 2 days of my vacation were ruined. Read on it gets so much better!! When we were checking in upon departure I advised them that one of my bags was paid for since they did not hold up their end of the bargain on the way there. She said either I pay or the bag would not get on the plane.

So I handed her my $25 voucher. She refused to accept it stating it could only be used for future travel. I responded asking why would I ever want to fly with them again? She just stood there with her hand out waiting for my credit card.

Upon arriving at the gate for departure the airport monitors and gate display said the flight was on time. I heard rumblings of a delay. I inquired at the gate. It was now 4:00 and we had a 5:00 departure.

I was told the plane had mechanical problems and was still in Ft. Lauderdale. I asked how long was the delay going to be because I was on the Spirit connecting flight to O'Hare. She said "don't worry about the connectin you will be sleeping in Ft.

Lauderdale." I said that I would prefer to be transferred to another airline in order to get home that night. She said she would call her boss. I waited 30 minutes and inquired again. I was that they would not transfer me.

I checked the Air Jamaica desk and found open seats on a direct flight to Chicago. I returned to the Spirit desk and asked to be transferred and they refused. I then aske for my luggage and said I would buy the Air Jamaica tockets on own. They refused to give me my luggage.

I said it was not on the plane, because it was still in Florida, and I insested they they got my luggage. They continually refused. They did not announce the delay until 20 minute after the scheduled departure time!

We did not get to Fort Lauderdale until after 10:00and did not get to bed until after midnight only to get up at 4:00 for the airport shuttle. Keep reading it gets better.

Our flight left on time. When over Atlanta the pilot came on the intercom. He advised us that one of the flight attendants was not feeling well and we would be returning FT. Lauderdale!!!

We flew back dropped her off, re-fueled, waited for clearance and took off again. So three hours after we turned around we were over Atlanta again. I called customer service and was told to send this complaint from their web site.

Guess what? You can't contact them via email.

Review about: Spirit Airlines Flight.

Comments