I went on American Express.com to book 2 round trip tickets to Florida. Although Spirit and Delta had comprable published fares, I choose Spirit's flights because their scheduling was more conducive to my travel plans.

24 hours before the flight, I went on line to print my boarding pass. I was shocked to find out that I had to pay a fee if I wanted any advanced seating, prior to going to the gate. In addition, I also had to pay for my carry on bag. I also discovered that there would be a higher charges if I picked up my tickets or paid for the carry on at the airport.

The real rub is that although Spirit airlines advertise their published fares at a lower price than most other airlines. if you add all their additional fees to the ticket price, they are actually more expensive than most other airlines. In my opinion this is the perfect example of deceptive business practices.

On a side note their seats (at least the ones that I had) did not recline). The FAA which is so concerned about the public safety, should look into the fact that there are some seats that have so little leg room, that it is unsafe and unhealthy to sit in them for extended periods of time.

Review about: Spirit Airlines Flight.

Comments