Spirit Airlines are thieves! Whole company a SCAM!
On 3/2/2015 I took a DIRECT flight on Spirit Airlines from FLL to BOS. Flight number 610 to be exact. I was traveling with my one-year-old son at the time.
We reached the ticket counter at 6:10 am (with plane departure at 7:00 am). Upon reaching the counter, I asked if I could please purchase another carry on because I was traveling alone with a toddler and had valuables that did not fit in the diaper bag. I was told no. Only one passenger is allowed one carry on and that I would have to check everything in my luggage. I then asked to check it at the gate. The answer then was also a no. With my son tired and screaming I ended up paying an extra 50 dollars for my oversized luggage.
During this process, the woman at the counter allowed two other people to come up and speak with her while I was there. Annoyed, I told her she was unprofessional and rude. Her coworker then asked her what flight I was on and smiled (this was after I stated the valuables that were in my bag). I told her it was none of her business and asked the woman helping me to make sure that my luggage got on the plane. After all, it was a direct flight.
I reach Boston around 10:00 am. I am at the carousel before any of the luggage came out and I was there until there was none left. I immediately went to the baggage office, told them my problem and filled out a claim. The man working told me it would be on the next flight and at my house by midnight. He also provided me with a number to call with any questions.
For three days I called that number. Nobody answered or called me back until I filed a complaint with headquarters. I did not get my luggage. Not only that when I called the luggage resolution department their mailbox was full. I could not even leave a message. I had to find their email and then email them. All they could tell me was oh sorry fill out a property claim form and send in receipts.
During this process, I filled out the forms and was ready to send them out on 3/23/2015 (today). However, i received a call by a number (617) 569-8035 telling me that my baggage was at a warehouse ready for delivery ref number 6091. When I called back the man told me that they are subcontracted through Spirit Airlines to deliver lost luggage.
At about 11 am Sunday morning the luggage came to my home. Immediately I opened it and found everything in shambles. All my of my sons clothes were in knots with some sort of substance all over them. They smelled of *** and smoke. All of my jewelry was missing, my clothes also worn and stretched out (what was still there). My sons books were stolen and half of his legos that had been on top of everything. Mind you, my bag was 56 pounds when I left FLL airport. Everything was washed and pressed (I have proof) the night before i left. I had even told the claims department that my sons baby blanket was neatly covering everything on top securing the clothes in with his legos on top of everything. I had hid the jewelry within the clothes to try and be as safe as I could. That didn't matter. I emailed luggage resolution immediately after I filed a police report. Luggage resolution told me to take all the belongings to the dry cleaners to get a damage estimate. I told them i was done with the endless hours of paper work and extra money spent for their insane needs. I told them I was throwing everything in the trash which I did, AFTER I took pictures.
As of today, Spirit airlines does not even know how my luggage was returned or where it came from. Luggage resolution could not provide me with the information. The customer service line whom I spoke with agent id 34692 said that it does not even know the bag was matched or in transit. How does this make any sense? Someone had to of known where to deliver my bag. There was no information on or in my bag about where to deliver anything. How is it that they cannot match an airport it was found in, who delivered it or handled the bag? As a customer I have a right to know these things. I have a right to know who violated my sons and my belongings.
I have lost so much sleep over this. Endless hours making calls, trying to obtain receipts, filling out paperwork. It has taken time away from my son, my work and most importantly my schooling. This is not ok.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Level of Comfort|
|Number of Destinations|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor customer service
- Reason of review:
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Lost And Found Department
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Sir, ma'am, or more than likely automated machine, "Customer relations" as your airline calls it is appalling. When my flight was delayed 2 hours because there was no crew for the..."
- "2535 Hauser BoulevardLos Angeles, California 90016 Monday, December 21, 2015 c/o Mr. Constantino de Oliveira, Chairman c/o Mr. Paulo Sergio Kakinoff, President & Chief Executive Officerc/o Mr. Sérgio Quito, Chief Operating..."
- "My American Airlines mishaps... On Friday afternoon on August 29 @ 5:00pm, my sister dropped me off at the Mobile Alabama airport for a 6:45 flight with American Airlines (Eagle). Regarding..."
- "I was contacted back from a post on oodle marketplace that I had inquired on by a lady named Natalie Wilson who had 2 teacup Yorkey Terriers named Kiki and..."
- "I purchased a refurbished big screen TV from Evine and waited ten days for delivery. It arrived yesterday and we discovered after setting it up the LCD screen was damaged..."
- "Please, please, don't bother ordering Railblaza mounting products from West Marine. Their store is always under stocked and you have to go back many times to get what you want...."
- "In November 2011 we purchased a 4 month old English Bulldog puppy from Jess Durkin..we already had rescued a 1 1/2 year old bulldog and even though we still have..."
- "I got a chicken biscuit meal and it was a small rubbery chicken finger gardendale Arby's ripped me off!!!!!!..."
- "And here are the large fries that she got after going back......"