Spirit Airlines are thieves! Whole company a SCAM!
On 3/2/2015 I took a DIRECT flight on Spirit Airlines from FLL to BOS. Flight number 610 to be exact. I was traveling with my one-year-old son at the time.
We reached the ticket counter at 6:10 am (with plane departure at 7:00 am). Upon reaching the counter, I asked if I could please purchase another carry on because I was traveling alone with a toddler and had valuables that did not fit in the diaper bag. I was told no. Only one passenger is allowed one carry on and that I would have to check everything in my luggage. I then asked to check it at the gate. The answer then was also a no. With my son tired and screaming I ended up paying an extra 50 dollars for my oversized luggage.
During this process, the woman at the counter allowed two other people to come up and speak with her while I was there. Annoyed, I told her she was unprofessional and rude. Her coworker then asked her what flight I was on and smiled (this was after I stated the valuables that were in my bag). I told her it was none of her business and asked the woman helping me to make sure that my luggage got on the plane. After all, it was a direct flight.
I reach Boston around 10:00 am. I am at the carousel before any of the luggage came out and I was there until there was none left. I immediately went to the baggage office, told them my problem and filled out a claim. The man working told me it would be on the next flight and at my house by midnight. He also provided me with a number to call with any questions.
For three days I called that number. Nobody answered or called me back until I filed a complaint with headquarters. I did not get my luggage. Not only that when I called the luggage resolution department their mailbox was full. I could not even leave a message. I had to find their email and then email them. All they could tell me was oh sorry fill out a property claim form and send in receipts.
During this process, I filled out the forms and was ready to send them out on 3/23/2015 (today). However, i received a call by a number (617) 569-8035 telling me that my baggage was at a warehouse ready for delivery ref number 6091. When I called back the man told me that they are subcontracted through Spirit Airlines to deliver lost luggage.
At about 11 am Sunday morning the luggage came to my home. Immediately I opened it and found everything in shambles. All my of my sons clothes were in knots with some sort of substance all over them. They smelled of *** and smoke. All of my jewelry was missing, my clothes also worn and stretched out (what was still there). My sons books were stolen and half of his legos that had been on top of everything. Mind you, my bag was 56 pounds when I left FLL airport. Everything was washed and pressed (I have proof) the night before i left. I had even told the claims department that my sons baby blanket was neatly covering everything on top securing the clothes in with his legos on top of everything. I had hid the jewelry within the clothes to try and be as safe as I could. That didn't matter. I emailed luggage resolution immediately after I filed a police report. Luggage resolution told me to take all the belongings to the dry cleaners to get a damage estimate. I told them i was done with the endless hours of paper work and extra money spent for their insane needs. I told them I was throwing everything in the trash which I did, AFTER I took pictures.
As of today, Spirit airlines does not even know how my luggage was returned or where it came from. Luggage resolution could not provide me with the information. The customer service line whom I spoke with agent id 34692 said that it does not even know the bag was matched or in transit. How does this make any sense? Someone had to of known where to deliver my bag. There was no information on or in my bag about where to deliver anything. How is it that they cannot match an airport it was found in, who delivered it or handled the bag? As a customer I have a right to know these things. I have a right to know who violated my sons and my belongings.
I have lost so much sleep over this. Endless hours making calls, trying to obtain receipts, filling out paperwork. It has taken time away from my son, my work and most importantly my schooling. This is not ok.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Number of Destinations|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Level of Comfort|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor customer service
- Reason of review:
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Lost And Found Department
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Good day turckish airlines! I have very very very very complain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I flue from San Fransisko- to Istambul- Kiev and I lost 2 bags !!!!only in 1 week, means today I finilly..."
- "Filthy seat with semi dried vomit on seatbelt. Chair seat cushion did not meet back cushion. It was so gross and uncomfortable - never again..."
- "I received one of these "Award Notifications" from "US Airlines" the other day in the amount of $1350.00 for 2 round trip tickets to anywhere in the US. Mine..."
- "They are horrible. I just got a coat. was supposed to be Medium, but is size XXXS or "zero." Won't fit anyone over the age of 10. I am out..."
- "I purchased a Samsung refrigerator on 11/28 as a Cyber Monday deal. The refrigerator showed as available and ready to ship. I applied for their credit card so I can..."
- "I just bought a box of crackerjack at the ball game. I ended up leaving the game in the second inning because the crackerjack had broken/cracked my tooth. I ended..."
- "We purchased a bumper for our car. Macco was to paint it. They charged us $15 extra for buying our own parts. When we went to pick..."
- "My favorite shoe, a Florsheim casual men's shoe, suddenly had its rubber sole disintegrate by having chunks of rubber break off, making the shoe useless. It is some years old,..."
- "I ordered flowers for a friend's birthday. Called and asked if I was talking to the actual florist. The woman told me yes, she was in the "back" room. I..."