On 3/2/2015 I took a DIRECT flight on Spirit Airlines from FLL to BOS. Flight number 610 to be exact. I was traveling with my one-year-old son at the time.
We reached the ticket counter at 6:10 am (with plane departure at 7:00 am). Upon reaching the counter, I asked if I could please purchase another carry on because I was traveling alone with a toddler and had valuables that did not fit in the diaper bag. I was told no. Only one passenger is allowed one carry on and that I would have to check everything in my luggage. I then asked to check it at the gate. The answer then was also a no. With my son tired and screaming I ended up paying an extra 50 dollars for my oversized luggage.
During this process, the woman at the counter allowed two other people to come up and speak with her while I was there. Annoyed, I told her she was unprofessional and rude. Her coworker then asked her what flight I was on and smiled (this was after I stated the valuables that were in my bag). I told her it was none of her business and asked the woman helping me to make sure that my luggage got on the plane. After all, it was a direct flight.
I reach Boston around 10:00 am. I am at the carousel before any of the luggage came out and I was there until there was none left. I immediately went to the baggage office, told them my problem and filled out a claim. The man working told me it would be on the next flight and at my house by midnight. He also provided me with a number to call with any questions.
For three days I called that number. Nobody answered or called me back until I filed a complaint with headquarters. I did not get my luggage. Not only that when I called the luggage resolution department their mailbox was full. I could not even leave a message. I had to find their email and then email them. All they could tell me was oh sorry fill out a property claim form and send in receipts.
During this process, I filled out the forms and was ready to send them out on 3/23/2015 (today). However, i received a call by a number (617) 569-8035 telling me that my baggage was at a warehouse ready for delivery ref number 6091. When I called back the man told me that they are subcontracted through Spirit Airlines to deliver lost luggage.
At about 11 am Sunday morning the luggage came to my home. Immediately I opened it and found everything in shambles. All my of my sons clothes were in knots with some sort of substance all over them. They smelled of *** and smoke. All of my jewelry was missing, my clothes also worn and stretched out (what was still there). My sons books were stolen and half of his legos that had been on top of everything. Mind you, my bag was 56 pounds when I left FLL airport. Everything was washed and pressed (I have proof) the night before i left. I had even told the claims department that my sons baby blanket was neatly covering everything on top securing the clothes in with his legos on top of everything. I had hid the jewelry within the clothes to try and be as safe as I could. That didn't matter. I emailed luggage resolution immediately after I filed a police report. Luggage resolution told me to take all the belongings to the dry cleaners to get a damage estimate. I told them i was done with the endless hours of paper work and extra money spent for their insane needs. I told them I was throwing everything in the trash which I did, AFTER I took pictures.
As of today, Spirit airlines does not even know how my luggage was returned or where it came from. Luggage resolution could not provide me with the information. The customer service line whom I spoke with agent id 34692 said that it does not even know the bag was matched or in transit. How does this make any sense? Someone had to of known where to deliver my bag. There was no information on or in my bag about where to deliver anything. How is it that they cannot match an airport it was found in, who delivered it or handled the bag? As a customer I have a right to know these things. I have a right to know who violated my sons and my belongings.
I have lost so much sleep over this. Endless hours making calls, trying to obtain receipts, filling out paperwork. It has taken time away from my son, my work and most importantly my schooling. This is not ok.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Level of Comfort|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Number of Destinations|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor customer service
- Reason of review:
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Lost And Found Department
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I have commuted between Aurora and Chicago for many years and each year the schedules get more out of whack, the service declines and the delays become more frequent. Not..."
- "Not a very good first time experience, left Orlando Flordia on a Friday night was heading to las vegas,nv. We were going threw Texas when some one rear ended the..."
- "My son and I went to NY on the lakeshore limited #48, on the way the dining car staff was rude and used profanity in front of my son! we..."
- "I just received an email from a Boston lawyer with regards to my dog's broken leg that happened while being groomed at Pet co in Needham Ma. My claim was..."
- "On hold for 20 minutes. Rude attitude from pharmacy staff. This place is understaffed and overwhelmed. Sick people do not need to struggle to obtain medicine their physicians want..."
- "My husband and I have been on numerous other tours on five continents as well as small boat cruises, all of which we enjoyed. We will not be repeating..."
- "After paying over $100 for a new pair of Nike Air Max, wearing them for less than 3 weeks, both left and right shoes delaminated at the rubber sole. What..."
- "Better use consignee rather than your own people which not taking care and stealing the contents of the box. batter add precautions and implement rules to avoid this kind of..."
- "SW128 Uneven Women’s Batwing Sleeve Destroyed Ripped Slouchy Sweater Pullover Hollow Out Loose Fit Jumper Tops Knitwear Smock SIZE INFORMATION: (Flat-measuring) Bust- 125cm; Shoulder(Dropped)- 64cm; Sleeve- 35cm; Shoulder to hem length(Front/Back)- 52cm/64cm (1inch=2.54cm,1-3cm..."