Additional Fees
Level of Comfort
Number of Destinations

This complaint is issued against Spirit Airlines $9 Fare Club. I signed up and paid via credit card for a 1 year membership in their club Jan 28 2014. The club is supposed to provide discounted airfare to members. I took 1 flight in Feb 2014, saving $15 on the fare, but at the cost of the introductory $59.95 club fee. I contacted spirit shortly after enrollment requesting that I do NOT automatically re-enroll. As a consumer, I have every right to have my preferences honored.

A year passes. Although I frequently received their fare deals, I NEVER received an email that my "anniversary" was near. I think nothing of it, (a) because I don't keep track of useless airline club anniversary dates, (b) I believe that my automatic enrollment has been severed. But of course not. They automatically re-enroll me for another year at $69.95/year on Jan 29, 2015.

I tried to dispute it with American Express, who has had MANY complaints about Spirit Airlines, but they are unable to charge back to Spirit. I called Spirit "customer service" and after getting nowhere with Angelo, I spoke with Julia (employee #29948). They simply don't care and in my opinion make a living on stealing customer's money. Julia indicated that they use a 3rd party to send out email notifications about re-enrollment and she stated it didn't matter if I received it or not. They have on record that their 3rd party was responsible for notification. She had no response when I asked how I could be on auto enroll when I contacted them in 2014 to cease. They have REFUSED to refund my 2nd year enrollment fee of $69.95 that was charged, without my knowledge and consent, on Jan 29, 2015. As a result of my failed efforts to get a refund, I have seen hundreds of complaints about this practice. I am especially concerned because I made the effort to STOP automatic enrollment and they DISREGARDED my request and billed me anyway.

Product or Service Mentioned: Spirit Airlines Flight.

I didn't like: Refuse to refund, Customer service.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 13, 2015.

Comments