1.5
Additional Fees
Level of Comfort
Number of Destinations
Quality of Food

I planned a trip last December and tried Spirit. Seats are rock hard, like a plastic chair with no padding and you have to pay for a drink onboard.

I joined the $9 fare club and was not sent a confirmation or given a copy of anything to reference. Worst flight of my life and I sent them a bad review. I never thought they would just renew my membership but they did. They charged my credit card $69 last month with no warning or notice.

DO not use this airlines and DEFINATELY do not join the club...or cancel it the next day. Southwest is 100 times better and cheaper.

Product or Service Mentioned: Spirit Airlines 9-Dollar Fare Club Membership.

Reason of review: membership.

I didn't like: Dishonesty, If you charge my card you need to email me first.

• Charge Skimming
Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 08.

Comments

As a member of the $9 fare club for years I can tell you that it CLEARLY states when you sign up that it's an automatic renewal. They don't have to e-mail you as it is automatic.

You just didn't read the fine print - that's one you. As for the seats.....no better or worse than other airlines IMO, but that's just preference. And the drinks? Again......CLEARLY spelled out that everything is an extra charge with Spirit.

Not for everyone for sure. For me who is only ever trying to get from A to B as cheap as possible, doesn't eat or drink on a flight and doesn't need frills they are great.