Additional Fees

One word to describe Spirit airlines. NIGHTMARE.

I would not put my dead dog on a spirit airline to be sent off for burial. On June 16 my boyfriend paid $422.36 for our airline tickets to fly to fl for a cruise I had planned for my 30th birthday this year. The flight was scheduled for Nov 19th. We get to hartsfield airport Nov 19th check our bags in at 9:00.

Our flight was scheduled to depart at 10:15am. We get to the gate only to have there worker (employee id # 38038) tell us that she had given our seats up to two standby passengers. I thought surely she's kidding. I said we'll switch our flights to the next departing one.

She states that all flights are booked and she has one departing at 5:00pm. I inform her my cruise departs at 4 there's no way I can leave Atlanta at 5:00pm. Her exact words were to find another airline to fly with. So now I'm stuck in Atlanta after having paid $422 for flight tickets and $160 to have our bags checked.

We then were able to get last minute flight tickets with delta which cost us $800.00 only to get to fl to find out that my cruise I paid $1700 for had just departed 10mins ago. I then buy 2 American airline tickets to flys us back from fl to ga which cost $350. I get back to Atlanta call spirit airlines to try and get a refund for the flight tickets they refused to give me a refund and stated they have me schechdudled for my retuning flight on Nov 26th. I stated I'm back home bc of your worker I've just missed a $1700 cruise that's non refundable.

The supervisor then started that there was nothing he could do. I RECCOMEND SPIRIT AIRLINES TO NO ONE.

There only goal is to overbook flights and take your money and tell you there is nothing that can be done. A complete and utter NIGHTMARE.

Product or Service Mentioned: Spirit Airlines Flight.

Comments

Coon Rapids, Minnesota, United States #1259071

I fly Spirit regularly and have never had a single problem. Of course I get there on time, read the fine print when I buy my tickets and therefore always have my carry-ons, etc.

paid for. It's super simple but people have such a struggle with simple rules.

Altamonte Springs, Florida, United States #1257156

The employee would not have given your seats away to standby passengers unless you were late to the gate. You can be on time checking in and still late to the gate, since you have to be there 15 minutes prior to departure.

What did you do, check in and then have or a cup of coffee, and spend to much time doing so.

Your number one mistake is flying in on the day of a cruise. You have $1,700 at stake, you know planes are full, you pick a lost cost airlines with minimal planes, and then you do chose a flight the night before the cruise.

You should arrive the day before in Florida, stay in a motel, and be ready on the morning of the cruise to get on board. Sounds like poor planning by you.

Media, Pennsylvania, United States #1257068

As posted in my last post to your Carnival Cruise nightmare, anyone with half a brain would NEVER, EVER FLY Spirit Airlines. I have personally seen a nightmare (not for me because I flew on American), where all these folks missed their flight because Spirit did not call the flight.

You would think that they would notice something was amiss if most of the passengers were missing. They charge by the ounce and their safety record is the worst in the USA. Lesson learned.

Sorry to hear about your fiasco. Hopefully, you next birthday will be better :)

Nakeishahu