Number of Destinations

On June 2, 2015, I took Spirit Flight 281 from Minneapolis, MN to Houston, TX. We departed at 8:19 pm and arrived 15 minutes early at 10:50 into Houston.

Unfortunately, this is where our nightmare and bad customer service began. We were told that it would be 15 minutes and we could pull into a gate and deplane. More than 2 hours later and five unfulfilled promises later, we finally pulled into a gate. The pilot told us promise and excuse after excuse; I feel they were all lies.

At one point, the pilot actually told us, "I know that you believe I am lying, but these stories are what I am being told." I found out after deplaning that Spirit only has 2 gates; no other airlines will partner with them because of their bad reputation; they are disorganized, and this kind of thing is commonplace with Spirit Airlines. Additionally, after 4 hours of trying to reach a customer service representative or someone at the corporate office, I gave up. They only have systems to answer their calls and options that have nothing to do with resolving complaints. When I called corporate numbers, several numbers were disconnected or had voice mails that were full.

This airline should be put out of business as unreliable, unresponsive, and disorganized. I am not flying with them again and hope other customers heed my warning.

Two things are commonplace with Spirit Airlines--can celling flights and rebooking customers 2-5 days later and the customer has to find and pay for hotel accommodations and making you sit near the gate for hours. Either way, you miss out on precious time and miss what you were traveling to attend.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Poor service.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 30, 2015.

Comments