Sassette E

Need my Luggage

I missed my flight but my luggage was already on the plan.. terminal B38 departure 11 45 from Boston to Puerto Rico. I have to yske another flight tomorrow night and I really need my luggage asap thank u

Preferred solution: I want to receive my luggage

Georgia A

Verified Reviewer

Double charged for checked baggage and refusal to refund for extra charge!!!

Spirit Airlines - Double charged for checked baggage and refusal to refund for extra charge!!!
Spirit Airlines - Double charged for checked baggage and refusal to refund for extra... - Image 2
Spirit Airlines - Double charged for checked baggage and refusal to refund for extra... - Image 3
Spirit Airlines - Double charged for checked baggage and refusal to refund for extra... - Image 4
Spirit Airlines - Double charged for checked baggage and refusal to refund for extra... - Image 5
Spirit Airlines - Double charged for checked baggage and refusal to refund for extra... - Image 6

I booked a trip with spirit through Priceline on November 8th 2023 using my Apple card. Apple declined to process the transaction so I decided to use another credit card.

This is when my nightmare began. I was having trouble booking my checked bags so I called Spirit the next morning to make sure that everything was alright. That is when I discovered that Priceline had booked me with two checked bags going and zero bags on my return flight. Clearly, this was an error and I asked Spirit to correct it to what I booked originally - one checked bag each way.

Spirit refused to do so stating that I booked it through a third party and therefore I must make the change through them. I called Priceline and was immediately transferred to Spirit by their automated voice. I called Spirit back and got the same response. They cannot help me.

For Spirit to hire a third party to generate revenue for them and then absolve themselves of all responsibilities when things go wrong by saying the customer did not book directly with them is a real disservice to their customers.

All I'm asking is for the extra $49 that was charged for the second bag (which I did not have) on my outbound to be refunded.

This is such a small thing to do for a customer!

I have uploaded documentation which will show clearly that I was confirmed for 2 bags going and 0 bags coming on my itinerary, but that at the airport I checked in 1 bag each way. You will also find my bank statement from Apple for a $59 charge made on November 16th 2023 from Spirit Air.

That was the fee for my return baggage. I had to pay again since I was booked for two bags on my outbound flight!

Loss:
Pros:
  • Airport staff was friendly and helpful
Cons:
  • Nickel and dime the customer for everything

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: DO NOT BOOK THROUGH PRICELINE OR ANY THIRD PARTY. BOOK DIRECTLY WITH THE AIRLINE.

Pablo R Eia

Devolución del dinero

Spirit Airlines - Devolución del dinero
Spirit Airlines - Devolución del dinero - Image 2
S canceló el vuelo de San Diego a las Vegas el 17 de marzo 2024pJ6DGZ. Número Delaguerrae vistalo 744 Pensilvaniablo RiqueyomicrófonoCongreso Nacional AfricanoNo
Loss:
Pros:
  • Omito
Cons:
  • Omito

Jahir G

Verified Reviewer

Complaint about manager in guatemala

Spirit Airlines - Complaint about manager in guatemala
Updated by user Dec 09, 2023

Everything took place at the registration desk of La Aurora airport in Guatemala

Original review Dec 09, 2023
Today, I have an incident with the manager of the airline in Guatemala, who didn't show his ID and said that his name was Armando del cid or Alejandro del cid. I tried to take a flight from Guatemala to Fort Lauderdale.

Since I am a Mexican diplomat, I don't need to hold a US visa to travel. I explained this to the person in the front desk, plus I showed him the waiver visa agreement. They had me 40 minutes waiting at the front desk (I have to note that they were not busy at all, during that time I was the only one there, and they just registered 2 or 3 more people to the flight)and after I complained to the guy in the front desk, he asked me with his finger to keep quiet. I got angry and told him no to do that, and he said in a bad manner that he was contacting CBP to try to help me, so I asked him why they didn't do that before and told him they supposed to know how to do their job and do not let me wait there for so long.

After that, the supervisor showed up, and start raising her voice to me, telling me I was aggressive. I told her I was not aggressive, but I was mad since I was waiting for more than 30 minutes in the front desk due to ignorance of the team to process my boarding pass. She said they were not ignorant, I replied that we all are ignorant in certain fields, and apparently she was an ignorant doing her job. She got offended, she said I was insulting her and that I was practicing verbal violence against a female, so I could go to jail because of that.

Furthermore, she asked her team to cancel my flight and reimburse me the money. I asked her to provide her name and she denied doing so. She started crying. She called the police of the airport and asked them to take me out of her eyes.

I explained to police the situation and told them I will get out of the airport, but before that I want my money back and her name, so I could submit a complaint later. I also asked them to allow me talking with the manager of the airline. Police offered me to talk to them to explore the possibility to take the flight and forget the incident and I agreed. The supervisor denied that, saying that my flight was already canceled, and the reimbursement was processed.

Since I didn't have any proof of that, I requested again to talk to manager and have her name, she denied both and since I insisted, she called the manager again and told me he was on his way to the airport to talk to me. The manager arrived, he had a chewing gum in his mouth, but still, the smell of alcohol was very strong. I inferred that he consumed a lot of alcohol before arriving to the airport, he was very aggressive and raise his voice towards me. He didn't allow me to explain anything, and he just talked to the police officer and told him he didn't want to talk to me, so he would ignore me.

Furthermore, he said he will ban me forever from the airline, that he would report me to CBP so they can ban me forever to enter to the USA, and that he has power inside the Mexican government, and he will report me, so I can get fired. He also said he will talk to his friends of other airlines about me. He said I practiced verbal violence against female, so he will start a lawsuit against me in Guatemala. Furthermore, he emphasized that the lady supervisor will not star the lawsuit against me, but him.

The police officer told him that he has the right to do all those things, but that I also have the right to have his name and the supervisor's name to submit a complaint, and again he denied showing their IDs and just provided the name I mentioned at the beginning of the text, and reiterated he will start a lawsuit against me for verbal violence against a female plus he will report me to CBP, the Mexican government and with his friends in other airlines. I have to say that since he mentioned twice, I consider his sentences a threat. Then he told the police officer that he suppose to be ashamed of protecting foreigners and not them, since they are Guatemalans and the lady was pregnant. I didn't notice that until he mentioned it, since she was all the time behind the front desk, and she was not attending me when I showed up to register at the front desk.

So given the attitude and aggressiveness of the manager, I just asked him a proof that the reimbursement was made, and he gave the receipt attached.
Saying above, I would like to know what measures you will take against that manager since I consider that he cannot threaten a customer, he cannot show up to work under the influence of alcohol, he cannot deny showing his ID, plus he converted a matter of customer service into a matter of nationalities, and he didn't listen my part of the story. Also, I would like to know if he has the authority to ban me from the airline, and if he has the authority and the airline's consent to call CBP to ban me from the USA, to call people from my government and to "recommend " me with his friends in other airlines.
In addition, I would like to know the measures you will take against the supervisor since I consider she took out of context everything and denied me to flight and as a consequence, lost very important meetings.

I consider that the word ignorant is not an insult and if it is considered so in Guatemala, she supposed to understand that she deals with people from different nationalities that have other points of view. Plus I consider that a pregnant lady shouldn't work at 1 am at the airport since given her condition and fatigue, she might was sensitive and took things out of context provoking a lot of damage to me and to her own manager.
Furthermore, I would like to have the full name of the two people to analyze with my lawyers the possibility of star a lawsuit given the threats received.
Finally, I would like to talk about this with someone of the corporate and have an answer as soon as possible.
I don't have the number of the flight but it departured at 1:59 from Guatemala to Fort Laudardale.
My name is Jahir Guzmán Armenta.
My cell phone is (502) **** ****.
I'm looking forward for your answer.
Sorry about grammar mistakes and redaction, but I'm writing at 4 am and I'm very mad about this.

Preferred solution: Names of the people involved to proceed legally and to know what measures are going to be taken against them.

Faith T Xbj

Missing items

Spirit Airlines - Missing items
Spirit Airlines - Missing items - Image 2
I will never fly thru spirit ever employee's go thru your stuff and steal worse experience ever. I want my money shoes

Lisa S Cda

Loss baggage

Spirit Airlines - Loss baggage
Spirit Airlines - Loss baggage - Image 2
Spirit Airlines - Loss baggage - Image 3
Yo no encuentro mi maleta cuando llegue a Boston necesito que usted me dice dónde puedo ir para buscar la en el tiempo de mi vuelos tenia muchas nieves aquí la compañía me dejó en Filadelfia mi esposo tenía que pagar un uber para buscar me y llevarme hasta en Boston en el momento no me entregaron mi maleta

Preferred solution: My baggage

Whilamenia S

| map-marker Atlanta, Georgia

FURIOUS

Spirit Airlines - FURIOUS
Spirit Airlines - FURIOUS - Image 2

My flight was 3/10/24 @5:47am. I arrived at the airport and checked in.

The flight was supposed to begin boarding at 5:02am but could not because 3 crew members were late. At 5:34am I received an email stating that due to flight disruption my flight was changed until 3/11/24 at 6:55am with a SIX hour layover in Detroit and not arriving in NY until 5:30pm. I was expected in Church morning service to direct my childrens choir and now I will not. I am supposed to be at work tomorrow morning, 3/11 at 8:30am, now I will have to miss work.

To add insult to injury, the reason they gave me is because I was late arriving at the gate which is an ABSOLUTE LIE!!! When I received the email at 5:34 am, I walked up to the gate to ask why had my flight been changed and she said she did not know. They had not even started boarding because they were still missing one crew member. So, was it a disruption in flight, was it that I was late, or that someone screwed up and screwed me in the process?

How do you just remove someone from their flight without so much as a conversation to discuss an alternative. They announced that it was an oversold flight and if you did not have a seat assignment, to see the agent. I had a seat assignment 21C, so I did not see the need to speak to an agent UNTIL they uprooted me from my confirmed flight. You would think that after such a God awful error, they would at least put me on a direct flight back to NY.

Instead, I will have to sit in an airport in Detroit for 6 hours. Will anyone compensate me for missing work tomorrow?

SPIRIT IS THE ABSOLUTE WORSE AIRLINE EVER AND I WILL NEVER AGAIN FLY SPIRIT. I WOULDNT CARE IF THEY RAFFLED A FLIGHT OR GAVE IT AWAY FOR FREE.

User's recommendation: DON’T DO IT!!! Save yourself the aggravation.

Manuvya S

Lost my thing

Spirit Airlines - Lost my thing
I lost my beats wireless bluetooth earphones please can you check it and let me know about it. Its black coloured

Preferred solution: Inlost my thing

Kiara F Fek

Spirit and their employees suck!

Spirit Airlines - Spirit and their employees suck!
Spirit Airlines - Spirit and their employees suck! - Image 2
They lost my luggage and all i received was an attitude back. Didnt received any real information about my luggage. This will be my last time flying with this *** airline.
Pros:
  • Dont have any pros
Cons:
  • And they are always delaying flights
  • Have a bad attitude

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Don’f fly with them

Heath M Mnu

Verified Reviewer

This person supports our platform.
Get a badge ›

Supporter
| map-marker Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

They shake you down at the gate for $99. It is criminal when ypu only have a back pack and only one airline makes you pay.

Spirit Airlines - They shake you down at the gate for $99. It is criminal when ypu only have a...
Was in line to board plane with only 1 backpack. No other personal items. They said I had to put it in the measurement thing and couldn't force it down. Had to pay $99. I had two other flights same week, same bag. Only done by spirit. It is criminal and an Attorney General needs to look into their crooked practices.

User's recommendation: Don't fly Spirit Air

Mike S Cov

Rudest staff ever!

Spirit Airlines - Rudest staff ever!
Original review Jan 27, 2024

Candace the rudest person in airline industry. Their DFW gate crew was the rudest airline employees (Candace) Ive ever come across.

I am a 2M mile flyer, been flying twice a week for past 30yrs for business. This was my first experience flying on Spirit, needed to visit family and thought I could save a bit, I had paid their full fare (last minute) plus $99 for an upgrade seat (if that what you want to call it). I am a taller guy and need extra leg room so happy to pay little extra. I was at the gate to board and they denied my boarding as they said I didnt pay extra for a carry on (never heard of that as all airlines always allow a carry on), so I was floored when they told me that it would have to pay another $99 for a carry on, after I had already paid $99 (299 total for one way).

A carry on should absolutely be included in a full fare flight and especially for after an extra 99 for the seat selection. The gal (Candace) then said she wasnt going to board me after I got upset and said I wouldnt fly them again and that I would write a bad review on social media.. she said I used profanity and threatened them, which of course is total BS. I am a professional and I dont expect to be treated anything more than fare and with respect..

but I felt totally disrespected and unwelcome by the rudest people Ive ever done business with, ever. All in all this discount airline (with kid screaming behind me) was more expensive (scam) than any full fare flight on American, my regular go to airline. Ill never fly Spirit again and will let anyone and everyone know what their all about. Btw; Their plane

interior was dirty!

Spirit seems to be at war with its customers. Sad..never again Spirit!!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Rude service and no savings

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Avoid Spirit Airlines, you don’t save anything!

Guest

"never heard of that as all airlines always allow a carry on" Translation: I accepted terms of service and didn't bother to read or UNDERSTAND them. I show up to the airport (not) thinking this business operates like every other business I've experienced instead of acting like a man and reading what I agreed to.

I now dare to whine like a child and claim disrespect when I was educated and then put in my place. Listen, little boy, being told no is not disrespect.

Do not have children or they will be as lame as you are. Read and Understand the terms before accepting them the next time.

Guest

Whether or not the $99 carry-on fee is warranted isn’t up to you and certainly isn’t up to Candace. You come across as unreasonable calling her rude, adding there was a screaming baby and somehow trying to rationalize the $99 seat selection should be enough to cover the carry-on.

You say you went last minute. You should have done better research.

View more comments (1)

Spirit Airlines - NO RESPONSE TO EMAIL OR PHONE CALLS - Image 2
Spirit Airlines - NO RESPONSE TO EMAIL OR PHONE CALLS - Image 3
Spirit Airlines - NO RESPONSE TO EMAIL OR PHONE CALLS - Image 4
Updated by user Nov 04, 2023

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology.

Original review Oct 20, 2023
this is a reference to my situation...yesterday i traveled from orlando to costa rica...flight NK1309... I had purchased 4 luggage with you...1 carry and 3 checked bags...as I went thru security they told me my curry had to be a checked bag due to having tool in the suitcase...these tools are in the picture below, they had no power and nothing sharp or dangerous to another passenger...therefore they forced me to go back and pay for a checked bag or would be confiscated...this means I paid for 5 BAGS and only had 4 BAGS with me for travel...this should never happen to a valued customer as i fly with your company once a month since january 2023.

If I don't get reimbursed ASAP FOR THE EXTRA CHECKED BAG, I WILL SUE YOUR AIRLINES and take my business to another airline.

I have previously scheduled 2 more trips but will cancel all remaining trips and go elsewhere. The pic of items in question are below.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Cheaper flights but no value
Cons:
  • Piece of crap company should not be able to do business

User's recommendation: USE ANOTHER AIRLINE...NOT WORTH THE LOWER COST

Britney M Kxx

Verified Reviewer

They are horrible with customer service and will take your money and leave you hanging

Spirit Airlines - They are horrible with customer service and will take your money and leave you...
They did not call me for the flight. And then when I addressed about getting a new ticket they were very unhappy with the fact that I wanted to leave before the time. Also was talked to very aggressively when I was told that I was called for the plane but I was never called my ticket was never seen about and even when I wanted to buy a new ticket they were telling me how to cancel the rest of my ticket
Loss:
Cons:
  • Rude customer service reps

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Stay away from them when flyy

Airline Expert Talks

Airlines making masks optional | How to travel safely this season?

May 25, 2020

Airlines announce mask-optional policy. A travel expert, Jamie Larounis, talks about dropped mask mandate on airplanes and what it means for travelers.

Jamie Larounis
Jamie Larounis

Jamie Larounis is a travel industry analyst with the Upgraded Points who shares tips on hotels, airlines, trains, and loyalty programs.

Gayle F Fly

Terrible service

I am writing regarding our first experience with your company, and I can tell you that this will most likely be our last.

Our flight was cancelled on March 2, 2024, from Las Vegas back home to Minneapolis, due to weather, which I understand is out of your companies control, yet saw all the other airlines still flying out that day, but we were not compensated in any way at all.

We lost $165 on a hotel back in Minnesota; it was too late to cancel. We lost our $300 Minnesota Wild hockey tickets.

We had to pay for a Lyft to the airport before being notified of the flight cancellation, then for a Lyft back to a new hotel, this cost us $50.

We had to pay for 3 more nights at a new hotel in Las Vegas for 3 more nights which cost us $400, because we could not find a flight for less the $700 a person one way home.

Food cost for the next 3 extra days being stuck here $300. Our car is stuck at a park and fly in Minnesota - $66.

Our family pets are stuck in a kennel for 3 more days $200,

Both my husband and I have to miss 2 additional work days. Our employers are not happy with us since we are leaving coworkers short handed.

But again to not be compensating any way when we have to throw out all this extra money that was not in our budget as we had this trip budgeted for our time we were to be staying there.

That sure is a terrible thing to do to your customers after keeping them in line for 2 hours only to tell them that its all up to them to find a place to stay and you dont have another flight for 3 days. Terrible customer service on your end, you should be ashamed of how you treated all those people.

Very dissatisfied and disappointed first time customers,

Gayle and Justin Forsman

210 Cleveland St

Eveleth, MN 55734

218-390-****

Loss:

Preferred solution: Compensation for our extra time and money we had to spend not planned in our budget

User's recommendation: Do not fly Spirit Airlines

Guest

What did Spirit offer as far as a flight out?

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2497539

A flight 3 days later

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2497607

That's what you agreed to when you accepted the terms of services. Let me guess, you didn't bother to read them?

View more comments (2)
Courtney R Bvy

Complete Garbage

To whom it may concern

My opinion of your services has dwindled to nothingness. I have tried to use Spirit multiple times and every time you have cancelled the flight with little to no notice.

No matter what the situation is, the amount of assistance and or accommodation to help is downright GARBAGE! I was providing two 50$$ Vouchers for the Inconvenience which that in itself is a complete insult considering how much we actually lost. Im going to continue to reach out and make sure that I let everyone know how Awful the service is.

Spirit AHHH let me tell you. The money and time and DOWNRIGHT energy they cost us is INSANE!

Our flight was cancelled then reschedule after the first Cancellation we had to cancel our connecting flight. There we lost money then after rescheduling with Spirit then rescheduling out flight again, they SHOCKINGLY!!! cancelled out flight again. We were out 460 dollars for the two flights we missed, then 200 for the taxi, then 600 for the difference in going with another company Which BY THE WAY WORTH IT in comparison to the garbage spirit had to offer.

From there we spend close to 2000 dollars in additional cost and simply loss of money in general.

DO yourself the favor and don't use SPIRIT

If you do take the RISK and use them I wish you luck, you are going to need it. Either you're going to lose money or time.

Best,

Courtney

$2000
Cons:
  • So many i cant even count

Preferred solution: Id like to get the compensation

User's recommendation: Oh my GOSH DONT DO IT!

Resolved
James F Rpf

Resolved: Logging into my account

Updated by user Mar 10, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. They did nothing just resolved the issue my self on line after waiting forever

Original review Mar 03, 2024
Would like a supervisor to please call me to see how I can get logged back into my account , have tried several times with support and always told the same thing have to wait 24 hrs and try again , this is ridiculous that nobody can push this process through . Ive had to make reservations without using my account . Please call me to resolve 786-402-**** . James Forman JForman646@***.com
Pros:
  • Cheap flight
Cons:
  • Too many fees

Preferred solution: Someone to resolve my issue

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article