They oversold their tickets and even I arrived at the airport 40 min earlier they said the flight was fully checked in and I should have arrived 2 hours early as the email recommended me to?!?! (I never got the email either)

And there's no refund - they charge over 150 for refund fee.

You must be kidding me. This is the most ridiculous situation I wouldn't never imagine myself run into.

The spirit people later told me because "we sell really cheap tickets" so I should understand this situation and accept it. They didn't care about my situation ( I had to get back to New York on the same day because of business) and wouldn't help me transfer the cost or contacting other airline to see if there are available flights. They simply said "if you need to book another ticket online we can let you use our computer that has internet connection".

I had to buy another ticket with American airline instead with 4 times the price of the return part of the ticket. ($700)

In a word, this is the the worst of the worst service I have ever had and I will not take their flight ever again no matter how cheap they are because very likely you will end up paying far more to book another airline to get yourself home.

Review about: Spirit Airlines Flight.

Had an Experience with Spirit Airlines?

Comments

MattD78
Orlando, Florida, United States #836313

Spirit reserves the right to cancel the reservation or seat assignment of any

customer who does not have a boarding pass at least 30 minutes prior to scheduled

departure; 45 minutes for Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas/ Ft.Worth,Denver, Fort Lauderdale, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Orlando, Philadelphia, San Juan; and 60 minutes prior to the original scheduled departure time for all International including U.S.V.I.

flights.

Unfortunately according to the Contract of Carriage, Spirit was in the right.That doesn't mean it's the right thing to do and I avoid Spirit at all costs, which I am sure you will do also and I cannot blame you.