I had such a horrible experience with Spirit thinking this would be a better flight for my dad who is 92 years old and traveling to Minnesota...it was a direct flight and because he was traveling by himself I thought it was the best choice even though I had to travel 40 miles to LAX his flight would only be 3 hours...So on Tuesday I left my house at 3:30 pm and arrived at LAX by 4:15 pm...As I approached Spirit's terminal I had to park my car and go inside to request wheelchair assistance since they don't provide curbside assistance...Never had that problem with Southwest...they were always at curbside. So they called someone that came down within 10 min...so I had to leave and park my car to return to terminal.

We were escorted through security and that was fine. Once we arrived at the gate we were told boarding at 5:45 pm...At 5:45 we were told we would be boarding at 6:45pm and the flight would be departing at 7:10 pm... I boarded my dad at 6:45 pm and proceeded to the parking lot to drive home. Got call on the road from my dad that the flight had not departed yet...When I got home I checked again and saw that the flight was leaving now at 8:25 pm...Got a all from my sister in Minneapolis that she got call from my dad and they still had not taken off.

I checked the website and it said 8:25 pm...Called Spirit upset about all the delays and was told in order to get a refund my dad would have to leave the plane within the first 15 minutes...I said are you kidding!!! A 92 year old disabled person that can't walk on his own is expected to de board the plane himself?...Are these people for real???

Just found out the flight just departed at 9:10 pm which means it will arrive in Minneapolis at 2:30 am...So much for a direct flight...I'll be writing Spirit tomorrow...obviously they don't respond to these issues with their customer service agents....they're not local...if you know what I mean. I've never had anything close to this experience with Southwest and will never have my dad fly any other airline again...Spirit is a loser airline and I will never ever fly this airline again

Review about: Spirit Airlines Flight.

Comments