Level of Comfort
Number of Destinations

I bought my first Spirit Airlines tickets to save $100 versus another airline, on just simple flights between San Diego and Denver for a conference.

Today is my outbound. At 6A the first e-mail comes that the first leg of my trip is delayed almost three hours, making me miss my connecting flight but not even mentioning that fact.

Shortly thereafter comes the second e-mail that the second leg of my flight is now delayed so that I arrive at DIA after midnight four hours late, to prep for a 7A breakfast and three days of speaking at an event.

So I call Spirit Airlines. On hold for over an hour on the first call without ever speaking to a human, on hold for almost an hour on a second call after eight layers of phone tree to customer service, without ever speaking to a human.

I already can't stand this airline and haven't stepped onto a flight, as it's ruined what was supposed to have been a simple flight -- with delays I have not seen in years and years and years on any other airline.

And all other reasonable flights are sold out so I have no choice but to continue. Unless they e-mail again that the flights are cancelled, in which case I'll actually miss my event.

I can't even write how I really feel about this today. Extremely unprofessional customer experience.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of flight from Spirit Airlines. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $750 and wants Spirit Airlines to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was on hold over an hour - twice, never spoke with a human, got no help to rebook flights and delay e-mails day of flights. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Spirit Airlines for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Brooklyn, New York, United States #995939

Spirit airlines is not a good airline to select if you absolutely have to be somewhere at a certain time. Since they have fewer flights and airplanes, any disruption in schedule makes it difficult for them to handle the resulting problems.

Saving the $100 is certainly not worth the aggravation of these problems.

What few people look at is the number of interline or codeshare agreements an airline has with other airlines. Spirit may have one or two, if any. A big legacy carrier like Delta has many.

That means if a flight is cancelled by Delta, Delta can transfer its customers to another airline's flight, since there is already an agreement between them about handling and splitting money. Spirit cannot.

This means with a bigger carrier you get stuck a lot less and for shorter times, which is a significant advantage when problems arises. Good Luck.