To Whom It May Concern,

I would like to let it be known about my first trip with Spirit Airlines. I am a very dissatisfied customer and never been treated so rudely and as if I’m incapable of following rules well. On my trip to Ft Lauderdale, FL I wanted to save some money so I decided to fly with Spirit Airlines. I purchased my ticket through CheapAir.com which I have used before but this time was not aware baggage was not included. I did my research to find out after paying $232.00 for a roundtrip ticket that it would be an additional fee for baggage. That was a little disturbing due to it was not brought to my attention and I had the impression baggage fees was included. Needless to say I end up paying $70.00 for my luggage to ride round trip which is ridiculous. That’s not all; I was on time for my flight that was departing to Ft Lauderdale. I received my boarding pass and went to check my bag and then I get to security. The security checked everything and just because I had skin lotion in my bag that was a ounce bigger than the 3 ounces that they allow I had to make a choice to throw it away or put it in my luggage. I was not going to throw anything away my hard money paid for; I decided to put it in my luggage. That means I had to get out the security line I waited in for 30-45min to go to the customer service line to call for my luggage that took another 10-15min for them to bring back up. Once I received my luggage I had to start all over again which was making me later and later. I reached customer service representative finally to check my luggage again that I waited in line another 15-20min for and to find out my plane left. Then the customer service advised me due to me missing my flight I would have to pay an additional $70.00 to reschedule my flight. At that point I was livid but still remained calm and paid the fee of $70 just to enjoy my trip to Ft Lauderdale, FL. I do say I enjoyed my trip and then I had to return back to Dallas, TX! My flight was supposed to leave out on a Saturday morning and do I remind you I was on time again at least 2hrs ahead of schedule.

I received my boarding pass and check my bag, the customer service representative advised me due to my luggage being 51lbs I had to pay an additional $25 to another customer service representative in a whole different line. Which mean I was waiting again all together a little over an hour which I was still calm and charged it on my card so I can get home and to never use this company again. In the process guess what????? I miss my flight again and the representative told me that she can reschedule me due to I was already there when the plane was departing and there will be no additional fee. Now that really top the cake, so you mean to tell me I came out of pocket $70 to reschedule my first flight when I was already at the freaking airport. The customer service rescheduled and I went ahead and checked my bag so I don’t have to deal with any more lines when I returned. I returned that night to catch my flight and this time I made sure I was 4hrs early. I sat by my gate the whole time and the boarding time came up and when I looked at the screen the destination was changed. I ask an attendant what was going and these are her exact words “Dallas was boarded at another gate and I announced it on the intercom and if you was listening you would have known that!” I walked away to go speak with a supervisor which I had to wait another 45-60min to get assistance. I tried to explain my situation and at this point I am livid and entirely fed up. I ask when is the next flight and am I able to leave ASAP due to my bag was already in Dallas. The supervisor told me that was nothing she can do, the soonest available flight was on Monday ….due I remind you this is Saturday and I have “NO” clothes. I advised her that was not acceptable and I will need to be accommodated for my needs she said “She cannot offer me anything but to reschedule for Monday; she will not refund me and will not provide a hotel room. I have a choice to take the flight Monday or nothing at all!” That’s when I snapped, she was very rude and I thought you suppose to do your best to satisfy your customers. I myself am a Supervisor and I would at least advise the customer to allow me to see what I can do to assist you and not there is anything I can do. I was unable to bring to her attention on the rude attendant because after that she walked away. There was an attendant that was standing there and I wish I would have taken her name down cause she tried her best to assist me and put me on standby for Sunday morning and submitted a request for my refund I had ask the stupervisor for. I have never flown with any other airlines and received this horrible service before and I will make it my purpose to bring this to everyone that I know attention. They will never get my money again and I will make sure I let everyone know mainly after seeing 15-20 customers pissed off at the airlines for whatever reason.

Thanks for listening,

They will never get my money again

Review about: Spirit Airlines Flight.

Comments

nikalseyn
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #634640

Did anyone tell you to "have a nice day" during this whole ordeal?? If not, let me be the first. "Hope you had a nice day." :eek

to nikalseyn Richardson, Texas, United States #634674

No they did not, Thanks so much!