1.1
Additional Fees
Level of Comfort
Number of Destinations
Quality of Food

Spirit advertises cheap prices for tickets but don’t be fooled, this will come at other expenses. Not only was the baggage fees more expensive than traditional flights, nearly every time I’ve flown with spirit my flight has either been delayed or cancelled.

In my most recent experience, flight 484 from Dallas to Philadelphia was delayed almost two hours with no explanation. This delay caused me to miss an interview I had scheduled. I’ve submitted complaints online and never received any feedback. When I explained this to a spirit employee, they simply handed me the customer service number and said “try again”.

Save yourself the frustration and DO NOT fly spirit, the tickets may be cheap but you end up paying the same price as other airlines when you include the baggage fees. Not to mention the poor service they provide, the extra few bucks spent on a different airline will be well worth missing the experience of flying with such an unprofessional airline.

Product or Service Mentioned: Spirit Airlines Flight 484.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 11.

Comments

Why are you anonymous Spirit has the worst on time record of any airline and skyrocketing customer complaints. They need to get their business in order.

My daughter was stuck overnight in ORD airport then they put her on a flight this morning and Lost her bags.

I'll never fly this airline. They also have the worst safety record

#1420807

If a flight delay of two hours caused you to miss an interview then you didn't plan correctly. Flights get delayed and it's NEVER for no reason.

Just because you don't like the reason doesn't mean there isn't one. What if there had been a mechanical issue or weather? I'm sick and tired of people complaining about delayed flights.

You should not get on a plane if you aren't prepared for this. With the sheer volume of flights and people today these delays are GOING to happen.